What you can expect if you work with me
I am a professional, approachable, and flexible consultant who will bring expertise, clarity, and new ideas to your project.
By working freelance, I can give you as much or as little time as you need. I bring a can-do attitude – working with you to set goals, meet deadlines, and review success. If you have an urgent deadline, I will pull out all the stops to meet it. If you just need occasional input, we may go for weeks without being in touch.
Regardless, you can be assured that I will be available when you are ready.
My approach is logical and focused.
I also bring a touch of creative thinking. Looking at ideas from a new angle or proposing new activities can turn a project around. I am a strong believer in both if it ain’t broke don’t fix it and we cannot expect to achieve a different result if we keep doing the same thing.
I collaborate with project teams to explore and develop all aspects of their project. I work with trustees, project staff and/or volunteers as needed. Together, we will produce high quality and well thought through:
- Funding applications
- Activity plans
- Options appraisals
- Business plans
- Strategic reviews
- Sustainability plans
- Evaluation reports
With a background in community engagement, I bring a strong audience focus to any project. I am particularly interested in seeking opportunities to increase diversity in heritage projects and in finding ways to enthuse, inspire, consult, and inform people of all ages and backgrounds.
Youth & Communities Programme Manager, Northumbria Coalition Against Crime
Katherine worked professionally and flexibly with staff and trustees, resulting in more and better bids being submitted and more effective use of staff time...Katherine’s services have been both beneficial to the organisation and excellent value for money.
Clients I've previously supported...
- Action on Hearing Loss
- Alnwick Medical Group
- Bailiffgate Museum & Gallery
- Bamburgh Heritage Trust
- Derbyshire Wildlife Trust
- Derwentwise Landscape Partnership Scheme
- Dry Water Arts
- Elsdon Village Hall Trust
- Healthworks Newcastle
- Hindmarsh Hall
- Holy Trinity Church, Horsley
- Howick Trustees Ltd
- Kielder Water & Forest Park Development Trust
- Natural England
- Norham Development Trust
- Northumberland Coast AONB Partnership
- Northumberland County Council
- Northumberland Theatre Company
- Northumberland Wildlife Trust
- Northumbria Coalition Against Crime
- Red Squirrels Northern England
- Revitalising Redesdale Landscape Partnership Scheme
- Royal Society for Wildlife Trusts
- Sheffield & Rotherham Wildlife Trust
- Shilbottle First School
- St Cuthbert’s Church, Norham
- Swansfield Park Primary School
- The Duchess’s Community High School
- The Heritage Centre, Bellingham
- Yorkshire Wildlife Trust